|But my kids have been eating Nutella out of the jar with their fingers while I do my detective work.|
This week I've been emulating the sassy Erin Brocovich, and doing some detective work about our water supply.
So far I've:
- Researched lead and fluoride effects on the body
- Given out a lot about the fluoride, lead and chlorine in our water
- Had the city council out to excavate the stopcock outside our house
- Discovered we have lead pipes leading from the mains into our house
- Phoned the water division lab to come and take a sample of our water to test the lead level
- Organised for a plumber to remove the lead pipes and replace them with plastic
- Been told by council officials to run the water for a while to get the high lead content out of it
- Been thinking about our general health and attributing some of it to the shit in our water
- Bought loads of Indian foods, spices, pulses and nuts, to improve our health through diet
- Researched water filtration systems
- Organised for a water filtration system to be installed in our house
- Marvelled at the amount a bored housewife can get done if she sets her mind to it
I will keep you posted. I'm on a mission. I'm going to revamp and detox our bodies and one lovely side effect may be that I get back into my bag full of smaller-ass trousers, and that my finger joints stop hurting.