|Ah go on, just another one...|
You can be damn sure that when my blogging slows down my real-life activities have sped up. Oh yeah. Mama has a life. Woo hoo!
Since Friday I've had:
- 3 trips to the zoo - one alone with the kids, one with my husband and kids, one with a friend and her kid.
- One heavy drinking session that left me hungover for a day and a half. Way too old for that now I realise.
- One soppy movie night where I finally watched the end of The Notebook, simultaneously rolling eyes at the Hollywood schmaltz but crying, and similar reaction to The Devil Wears Prada (4th viewing)
- A great morning in the sun, Charlie trampolining himself to a headache, Noah working up a static electricity storm on the plastic slide.
- Lots of laundry getting done and hung outdoors
- One evening with girlfriends, such home-based fun has not been had since my teens.
Quote of the day:
Me: I love the brighter evenings - is it brighter in the mornings now too?
Barry: Compared to what?!
(Good point - I never get up before 9.30am so have nothing to compare it with)
Here are some points from a Keepin' it real I wrote last week, Thursday if I remember correctly.
- I've had a beer and I'm now onto a hot port
- Baby is in 3 costumes, one on top of the other: Spiderman (which he slept in), Batman, and Woody
- Kids watched half of Muppets take Manhattan, now onto Horrid Henry
- Kids ignored my homemade bread rolls and soup in favour of Mini Eggs and Tayto
- Haven't left the house all day
- Loving this playdate after a few days of burn-out
- Listened to Des O'Connor and Barbra Streisand on the record player
- I need to get out and stretch my legs
- Baby's pushing on through without naps these days, he's cranky and clingy
- Springs in sofa are all but gone since the Power Rangers games started
Forget the perfect Yummy Mummy blogs, with their sparkling kitchen counters and tv-ignorant children, it's real and it's sticky and it's lying on crumbs here at The Mama's Hip!